Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) fresh cilantro, minced
- 6 tbsp (90 ml) honey mustard
- 3 jalapeno chilies, minced
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) fresh lime juice
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) fine dry bread crumbs
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) yellow cornmeal
- 2 tsp (10 ml) chili powder
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) ground red pepper (cayenne)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) vegetable oil
- 2 frying chickens, cut in serving pieces, skin removed
- Heat oven to 400 degrees (200 C.).
- Line a jellyroll pan with aluminum foil.
- Combine cilantro, mustard, jalapeno and lime juice in a small dish; set aside.
- Combine bread crumbs, cornmeal, chili powder, salt,
- oregano and red pepper in a shallow dish such as a pie plate.
- Drizzle oil over and mix with your hands until mixture is uniformly moistened.
- Using the back of a small spoon, coat chicken pieces with mustard mixture.
- Roll chicken in breadcrumb mixture.
- Arrange meaty side up on jelly-roll pan.
- Bake until juices from the thigh run clear instead of pink, 40 to 45 minutes.
- Serve hot or at room temperature.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.