Print Friendly Recipe
- 1/2 oz (14 grm). butter
- 8 to 10 slices white bread
- 1-1/2 lbs (.7 kg). mixed summer fruit (raspberries, red currants, strawberries, cherries, black currants)
- 4 tbsp (60 ml). clear honey
- 1/4 pt. double cream
- Use the butter to grease 2 pint pudding basin.
- Cut the crusts from the bread and use the slices to line the basin, covering the sides and the bottom.
- Prepare the fruit according to its type and place in a saucepan with the honey.
- Simmer gently until the juice flows.
- Strain off some of the juice and pour over the bread lining.
- Pour half the fruit into the basin then add a layer of bread.
- Add the rest of the fruit and cover with a layer of bread.
- Place a small plate on top of the pudding, making sure it is resting on the pudding, not the sides of the basin.
- Put a weight on the plate and leave in the refrigerator overnight.
- Turn the pudding out onto a serving dish and whip the cream.
- Use the cream to decorate the pudding.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.