Print Friendly Recipe
- A puff pastry chicken burrito
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 3 cups (700 ml) finely chopped cooked chicken
- 1 4 oz (112 grm). can diced green chilies
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) finely chopped green onions
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) shredded sharp Cheddar cheese
- 1 tsp (5 ml). hot pepper sauce
- 1 tsp (5 ml). garlic salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). pepper
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). paprika
- 1 17-1/4 oz (483 grm). box frozen puff pastry sheets, thawed*
- In a bowl, combine chicken, chilies, onions, cheese and seasonings. Mix well; chill until ready to use.
- Remove half of the pastry from refrigerator at a time.
- On a lightly floured board, roll to a 9x12 inch rectangle.
- Cut into 9 small rectangles.
- Place about 2 tbsp (30 ml) of filling across the center of each rectangle.
- Wet edges of pastry with water and roll pastry around filling.
- Crimp ends with a fork to seal.
- Repeat with remaining pastry and filling.
- Place, seam side down, on a lightly greased cookie sheet. Refrigerate until ready to heat.
- Bake at 425 degrees (225 C.) for 20 to 25 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm with salsa and guacamole.
- Yield: 18 appetizers or 6-8 main-dish servings.
- *Or can use pie pastry for double-crust 10-inch pie.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.