Print Friendly Recipe
- A puff pastry dessert
Serves/Makes:8 or more
- 1 recipe basic puff pastry
- 1 recipe creme filling
- 2 oz (56 grm). semi-sweet chocolate
- Creme filling:
- 1 cup (225 ml) milk
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar
- 3 tbsp (45 ml). flour
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml). salt
- 2 slightly beaten yolks
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml). vanilla
- Heat milk in heavy bottomed saucepan until hot but not boiling.
- Mix sugar, flour, salt in a bowl; stir in hot milk and beat until well blended.
- Pour back in pan and stir hard over very low heat until thick and smooth.
- Temper yolks with bit of hot mixture, pour into pan and cook 3 to 4 minutes more.
- Cool, stirring occasionally.
- When room temperature, add vanilla and stir well.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees (225 C.).
- Roll out half of puff pastry into a 1/8" thick 6"x16" rectangle. (Put other half in fridge to keep cold).
- Sprinkle a cookie sheet with water and shake off excess. Put dough on sheet and prick all over with fork.
- Bake 20 to 25 minutes.
- Cool on rack.
- Bake other half of dough.
- Gently cut each rectangles into 3 long strips, 2" or so wide, and split each of these in 1/2 lengthwise.
- Spread the creme filling on 9 of the long strips.
- Stack in piles of 3.
- Top with the 3 other strips.
- Melt the chocolate and drizzle back and forth on top of stacks.
- Cut diagaonally into serving size pieces.
- Mom made these this way. A sister uses confectioners frosting before drizzling chocolate on the top; daughter-in-law puts slightly sweetened raspberries in the middle. Hope you enjoy them.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.