Print Friendly Recipe
- Darla Cooper
- 1-1/4 cups (300 ml) cucumbers, chopped
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) green bell pepper (red makes it prettier though)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) onion, chopped fine
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) celery, chopped
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) salt
- 1-1/4 cups (300 ml) water
- 7/8 cup (200 ml) (not quite one cup) cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) sugar
- 1/2 tbsp (7 ml) mustard seed
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) celery seed
- 1/2 minced garlic clove
- 1/2 minced chili pepper
- 1/8 cup (30 ml) dill weed, very finely chopped
- In large bowl stir together the cucumber, bell pepper, onion and celery.
- Add the salt to the water and stir into mixture.
- Cover and let sit (not in fridge) for 3 to 4 hours.
- Drain in colander and rinse completely.
- In pot, stir together vinegar, sugar and all other ingredients.
- Bring to a boil stirring continuously to dissolve sugar.
- Add cucumber mixture to the pot and reduce to simmer for approx. 15 minutes or until mixture is tender.
- Spoon into a one pint hot jar (leave about l/2 inch at top of jar).
- Close jar with hot cap (the cap where the middle fits into the band).
- After boiling enough water to cover jar (in large pot), remove the water from heat and set the jar in the water for a few minutes.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.