Print Friendly Recipe
- 1 cup (225 ml) water
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter or margarine
- 1 cup (225 ml) flour
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 4 eggs
- 2 cups (475 ml) cold milk
- 1 5 oz (140 grm). pkg. instant vanilla pudding mix
- 1 cup (225 ml) whipping cream
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) icing sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 2 1 oz (28 grm). squares chocolate
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter or margarine
- 1-1/4 cups (300 ml) icing sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) to 3 tbsp (45 ml) hot water
- For eclairs:
- In a saucepan, bring water and butter to a boil, stirring constantly until butter melts.
- Reduce heat to low; add the flour and salt.
- Stir vigorously with a wooden spoon until mixture leaves sides of pan and forms a smooth ball.
- Remove from heat; add eggs, one at a time, beating well after each addition until batter becomes smooth.
- Using a tbsp or a pastry tube with a #10 or larger tip, form dough into 4 x 1 inch strips on a greased baking sheet.
- Bake at 400 degrees (200 C.) for 30-35 minutes or until puffed and golden.
- Immediately cut a slit in each to allow steam to escape.
- Cool on a wire rack.
- For filling:
- In a mixing bowl, combine milk and pudding mix; prepare as directed on the package.
- In another bowl, whip the whipping cream until soft peaks form.
- Beat in sugar and vanilla; fold into pudding.
- Split eclairs; fill with pudding mixture.
- For frosting:
- Melt chocolate and butter in a saucepan over low heat.
- Stir in sugar and enough hot water to achieve a smooth consistency; cool slightly.
- Frost eclairs.
- Store in the refrigerator.
- My tried and true recipe.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.