Print Friendly Recipe
- Favorite Campbell soup recipe, especially, during the holidays.
- Ellen Thometz
- 1 10-3/4 oz (301 grm). can Campbell's cream of mushroom soup
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) milk
- 1 tsp (5 ml) soy sauce
- 1 dash ground black pepper
- 4 cups (950 ml) cooked cut green beans
- 1-1/3 cups (325 ml) canned French's French Fried Onions
- Mix soup, milk, soy sauce, black pepper, green beans, and 2/3 cup (150 ml) of the onions in a 1-1/2 quarts (1425 ml) casserole.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 25 minutes or until hot.
- Stir and then sprinkle with remaining onions.
- Bake 5 minutes more.
- TIPS: Use 1 bag (16 oz (448 grm). to 20 oz (560 grm).)frozen green beans, 2 pkgs (9 oz (252 grm). each)frozen green beans, 2 cans (about 16 oz (448 grm). each) green beans, or about 1-1/2 lbs (.7 kg) fresh green beans for this recipe.
- This recipe came directly from Campbell's website www.campbellkitchen.com. My personal changes are as follows: I usually double this recipe and use the frozen cut green beans, thawed, because the finished product has a better texture; not so mushy. I also use more of the canned onions, 2 tsp soy sauce, freshly ground pepper and, sometimes, add chopped waterchestnuts and canned sliced mushrooms to the mixture. I bake this for about 45 minutes or until hot and bubbling, then add a good layer of the onions over the top and bake for another 5-10 minutes.
An American classic!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.