Print Friendly Recipe
- Suzanne J. (from Better Homes and Gardens)
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) mild-flavored molasses
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) butter
- 2 cups (475 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) packed brown sugar
- 3/4 tsp (4 ml) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) baking soda
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) ground cardamom
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) ground allspice
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) black pepper
- 1 beaten egg
- Combine molasses and butter in a small saucepan.
- Cook and stir over low heat until butter melts.
- Remove from heat.
- Pour into a large bowl and cool to room temp.
- In a medium bowl stir together flour, brown sugar, cinnamon, baking soda, cardamom, allspice and pepper.
- Set flour mixture aside.
- Stir egg into cooled molasses mixture.
- Gradually stir in flour mixture until combined, kneading in the last of the flour mixture by hand.
- Cover and chill dough for about 1 hour or until easy to handle.
- Divide dough into 12 portions.
- On a lightly floured surface, roll each portion into a rope about 10 inches long.
- Cut ropes into 1/2 inch pieces.
- Places pieces 1/2 inch apart on an ungreased sheet.
- Bake in a 350 degree (175 C.) oven about 10 minutes or until edges are firm and bottoms are lightly browned.
- Transfer cookies to paper towels and let cool.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.