Print Friendly Recipe
- 3-1/2 cups (825 ml) flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1 pound candy orange slices
- 1/2 pound dates
- 2 cups (475 ml) nuts
- 1 can coconut
- 1 cup (225 ml) shortening
- 2 cups (475 ml) granulated sugar
- 4 eggs
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) baking soda
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) buttermilk
- Sift together and set aside the flour and salt.
- Cut up orange slices and dates.
- Combine with nuts and coconut.
- Add one-half of the flour and mix well.
- Cream shortening, sugar and eggs.
- Combine baking soda with buttermilk.
- Add to shortening mixture.
- Add fruit and remaining flour.
- Bake for 1 1/2 hours at 300 degrees (150 C.).
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.