Print Friendly Recipe
- Excellent in lettuce wraps
- Daniel and SusanM
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 1 large bunch basil, preferably Thai but Italian is o.k.
- vegetable oil
- 5 cloves garlic
- 7 medium shallots or 1 medium onion
- 2 fresh green Thai or bird-foot chilis, seeds removed
- 2 fresh red Thai or bird-foot chilis, seeds removed
- 1 1 1/2 inch piece fresh ginger
- 1 lb (.5 kg). ground chicken (dark meat or mix of dark and light)
- 5 tsp (25 ml) fish sauce (or salt to taste)
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) brown sugar
- Peel and finely chop garlic and ginger.
- Peel and slice shallots.
- Cut chilis into fine rounds.
- Wash, dry and julienne basil.
- Set a heavy frying pan over medium-high heat.
- When pan is hot, add the oil, heat, and stir-fry garlic, ginger, shallots, and chilis until the garlic begins to brown.
- Turn heat to high, add basil.
- Stir a few times and add chicken.
- Stir-fry until cooked through, breaking up lumps as you go.
- Add fish sauce and brown sugar.
- For an appetizer serve with iceberg or butter lettuce "cups".
As a main dish serve with rice and, optionally, bean sprouts.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.