Print Friendly Recipe
- Dates, Rice Crispies and Coconut!
- Margreta Kensil
Serves/Makes:3 dozen approx.
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter
- 2 beaten eggs
- 1 8 oz (224 grm). package chopped dates
- 1 dash salt
- 1 cup (225 ml) walnuts
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 2 cups (475 ml) rice krispies and coconut
- In large saucepan, melt butter, add sugar with eggs.
- Add nuts and salt.
- Cook over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Add vanilla and dates.
- Cool slightly.
- Pour over cereal and mix.
- Set aside and cool so you can roll it into balls.
- Roll balls in coconut.
- Takes me right back to Gramma K's house. :)
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.