Print Friendly Recipe
- A Starbuck's clone
- Diane Hamilton
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) butter, room temperature
- 1-7/8 cups (450 ml) light brown sugar, packed
- 4 eggs
- 2-1/4 tsp (10 ml) vanilla
- 1-1/2 tsp (7 ml) ginger
- 1/3 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 2-1/4 cups (525 ml) flour
- 1 cup (225 ml) dried sweetened cranberries, chopped (Craisins)
- 9 oz (252 grm). premium white chocolate, cut into chunks
- 8 oz (224 grm). cream cheese, room temperature
- 4-1/2 cups (1050 ml) powdered sugar
- juice of one lemon, about 6 tsp
- 3/4 tsp (4 ml) vanilla
- 1/3 cup (90 ml) dried sweetened cranberries, chopped
- Drizzled icing:
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) powdered sugar
- 1-1/2 tbsp (20 ml) half and half cream
- 3 tsp (15 ml) butter, room temperature
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) white chocolate chips, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Beat softened butter and brown sugar until smooth.
- Add eggs and spices and beat well.
- Gradually mix in flour until smooth.
- Stir in cranberries and chocolate chunks by hand.
- Pour into non-stick or well-greased 12x17 inch jelly-roll pan.
- Spread evenly & bake for 35-40 minutes, until light brown on edges.
- Cool completely before frosting.
- For frosting, beat softened cream cheese, powdered sugar, lemon juice and vanilla until very smooth.
- After cake has completely cooled, spread on top of cake and sprinkle 1/3 cup (90 ml) dried chopped cranberries over the frosting.
- Whisk together icing ingredients & drizzle over cranberries, using a pastry bag with a very small tip or zip-lock bag with a very small snipped opening. Use a sweeping motion for the drizzle.
- Slice into approximately 2 by 4 inch rectangles, then slice each rectangle in half cross-wise to make triange shapes. Allow the cake to sit for several hours before serving.
- Because the frosting & icing set up quickly, it is easier to cut the slices just after you frost the cake, then let it set up.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.