Print Friendly Recipe
- Karen "Sissy" Wommack
Serves/Makes:1 3 Layer Cake
- 1 18.25 oz (511 grm). box of Devils Food Cake Mix
- Cream Cheese Mixture For Between Layers:
- 1 16 oz (448 grm). box powered sugar
- 1 8 oz (224 grm). package cream cheese, softened
- 1 8 oz (224 grm). carton Cool Whip, thawed
- 2 cans ready-made milk chocolate icing or frosting
- Preheat Oven to 325 degrees (175 C.), if using a Glass or Dark Colored Coated Cake Pans, and to 350 degrees (175 C.) if using regular Aluminum or Light Colored Coated Cake Pans. (We do not recommend the Air Cushioned Cake Pans)
- Mix the cake mix per instuctions on box.
- Grease and flour, or use a product like PAM, with flour, the 3 8 or 9 Inch Cake Pans.( I used 9 inch pans)
- Bake for approximately 20 minutes or until done.
- TEST: When you put a toothpick in the center and it comes out NOT gooey, then it is probably done, or when the cake edges are pulling away from the pan, then it is probably done.
- Take the cakes out of the oven and cool in pans on a cooling rack for about 10 Minutes.
- Then turn out the cakes on cooling racks and cool cakes completely.
- Meanwhile, mix the powdered sugar, cream cheese, and Cool Whip together, by using a electric mixer (better than by hand, but if have to, just mix by hand with fork, etc.).
- When the cake layers are completely cool, put one layer on a serving plate, and put 1/2 of the cream cheese mixture on top of it.
- Then put the 2nd layer of cake on top of that, and then put the other 1/2 of the cream cheese mixture on top of that
- Then put the top layer of cake on top of that.
- Then take the 2 cans of cake icing (or as you other people call it cake frosting) and put it on the top and sides of the cake.
- Don't worry if the cake cracks a little, you have enough goo to keep it together, ha!
- You may have to put toothpicks in the cake to keep it from sliding.
- Put in refrigerator and let cool, then it is ready to eat!!!!
- Store it in the refrigerator.
- I had the Gastric By Pass Surgery a year ago, and about 2 months ago I walked into my brother's house and his wife Janet had baked one of these, and I took a Smidging of it, and Lord I thought I had Died and Gone to Heaven. It is soooooooo goooooood!!! Since then I have made 3 of them for friends and neighbors. And when we went to Cancun in December I made the Mexicans one and if you have ever tasted their chocolate cakes, you will understand why they all went nuts over this one. It really does taste like a Hostess Ding Dong!!! GOOOOOOOD!! Enjoy!!
|Email This To A Friend