Print Friendly Recipe
- Memaw from Kristie
- 5 cups (1175 ml) butter
- 6 tbsp (90 ml) flour
- 3 cups (700 ml) milk
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) parmesan cheese
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 tsp (5 ml) butter
- 2 cups (475 ml) mushrooms, canned or fresh sliced
- 1 tomato, thinly sliced
- 1 lb (.5 kg). thinly sliced cooked turkey
- 8 slices toast
- 8 slices cooked bacon
- 8 slices Swiss cheese for topping (optional)
- In large skillet, melt 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter over medium heat.
- Stir flour to absorb all the of the butter.
- Slowly whisk in the milk, and 6 tbsp (90 ml) parmesan cheese.
- Stir egg to thicken sauce, but don't allow to boil.
- Remove from heat and season.
- Heat remaining 1 tbsp (15 ml) butter in small skillet.
- Saute mushrooms until soft. Set aside.
- Preheat broiler.
- Place toast on a heatproof plate.
- Cover toast with 1/4 cup (60 ml) mushrooms and a couple tomato slices.
- Place a liberal amount of sauce over.
- Sprinkle with remaining parmesan.
- Repeat with remaining ingredients.
- Top with cheese slices.
- Place entire dish under broiler until sauce is speckled brown and bubbley.
- Remove, criss-cross bacon on top and serve.
- I've made this for years. It really is scrumpious. Suppose to be authentic. From the club house at the Derby.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.