Print Friendly Recipe
- MeMaw from Joan
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) hot water
- 1-1/2 chopped dates
- 1 tsp (5 ml) soda
- 1 cup (225 ml) white sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) melted butter
- 1 egg
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla
- 1 cup (225 ml) chopped walnuts
- 2-3/4 cups (650 ml) flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Spray 9x5 inch loaf pan with vegetable spray.
- Pour hot water over dates and let cool.
- Mix flour and soda together, add sugar and salt.
- Stir in dates and water.
- Add melted butter, beaten egg, and vanilla, and walnuts. Mix well.
- Pour into pan.
- Bake for 1 hour.
- Let loaf cool in pan for 10 minutes.
- Remove to rack and let cool completely.
- Prep time approx. 5 - 10 min. Bake time 1 hour. Cal. 311, chol. 20 mg. carb. 56.8 g.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.