Print Friendly Recipe
- Mexican hot fried puffs of dough
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) warm water
- 1 pkg. yeast
- 1 egg
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) milk
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) melted butter
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml). salt
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) cornmeal
- 5 cups (1175 ml) flour (divided use)
- Mix warm water and yeast in electric blender, until thoroughly mixed.
- Blend in remaining ingredients except 3 cups (700 ml) flour.
- Put dough in a large bowl.
- Cover and let stand in warm place about one hour.
- Add remaining flour.
- Knead into soft dough.
- Cover, let rise until double in bulk.
- Punch down and store in plastic bag in refrigerator.
- Roll out thick.
- Cut triangularly or equilaterally.
- Heat oil to 400 degrees (200 C.).
- Fry until golden.
- Serve piping hot with butter and honey and/or sprinkle with sugar and cinnamon.
- Dough may be kept in refrigerator for two weeks.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.