Print Friendly Recipe
- 2 cups (475 ml) gruyere cheese
- 2 cups (475 ml) Swiss cheese (not processed)
- 3 tbsp (45 ml). Kirsch or cooking sherry
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). lemon juice
- 1 cup (225 ml) white wine
- 1 clove garlic
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). cornstarch
- White pepper
- French bread, cubed
- Grate cheeses and toss with cornstarch, reserve.
- Rub inside of fondue dish with garlic.
- Add wine. Do not bring to boil.
- Heat until tiny bubbles form in fondue dish.
- Add grated cheeses and lemon juice.
- Stir until smooth.
- Remove from heat.
- Add kirsch or cooking sherry, white pepper and salt to taste.
- Serve with cubed crusty French bread.
- Never boil a cheese fondue. It makes the cheese separate and become tough and leathery.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.