Print Friendly Recipe
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1 Dash of salt
- 2-1/2 cups (600 ml) 1% milk
- 1 14 oz (392 grm). can fat-free sweetened condensed milk
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 tsp (10 ml). vanilla extract
- 3 cups (700 ml) sliced ripe (but firm) banana, divided
- 48 reduced-fat vanilla wafers, divided
- 4 large egg whites (at room temperature)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) sugar
- Preheat oven to 325 degrees (175 C.).
- Combine flour and salt in medium saucepan.
- Gradually add milks and yolks; mix well.
- Cook over medium heat 9 minutes or until thick, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
- Layer 1 cup (225 ml) banana slices in a 2 quarts (1900 ml) baking dish.
- Ladle one-third of pudding mixture over banana.
- Arrange 15 wafers on top of pudding.
- Repeat layers twice, arranging the last 18 wafers around edge of dish. Plant these last cookies into pudding.
- Beat egg whites at high speed of a mixer until foamy.
- Gradually add sugar, 1 tbsp (15 ml) at a time, beating until stiff peaks form.
- Spread meringue evenly over pudding, sealing to edge of dish.
- Bake at 325 degrees (175 C.) for 25 minutes or until golden.
- Note: Banana Pudding may be a bit soupy when you first remove it from the oven. Let cool 30 minutes before serving.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.