Print Friendly Recipe
- Vicky Bryant
- 1 garlic clove, cut in half
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) dry white wine
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) flour approx.
- 2 cups (475 ml) coarsely grated Emmenthal cheese
- 2 cups (475 ml) coarsely grated Gruyere
- couple dashes ground pepper
- 1 small pinch of nutmeg
- cubed artisan bread (ciabatta, baguette, rye)
- broccoli florets
- large chunks of celery
- cauliflower florets
- granny smith apple chunks (core apple)
- Rub inside of fondue pot thoroughly with the cut garlic clove (bottom and sides).
- Toss grated cheese with enough flour to lightly coat.
- Pour in wine and heat until warm.
- Stir in ground pepper and nutmeg.
- Add cheeses a handful at a time and stir often until melted - adding until all of cheese is used.
- If cheese starts to ball up add more wine
- Use long forks to skewer whatever you are dipping.
- Dip and twirl in cheese.
- Remove from skewer to your plate with a dinner fork.
- Be sure and don't eat whatever you skewered directly off your fondue fork. #1 the fork can get very hot and #2, you will be dipping this fork back into a communal pot of cheese.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.