Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes:1 9 x 13" cake
- 1 lb (.5 kg). raisins
- 2 cups (475 ml) sugar
- 3 cups (700 ml) water
- 4 Tbsp (60 ml) shortening
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 2 tsp (10 ml) baking soda
- 1 tsp (5 ml) allspice
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cinnamon
- 4 cups (950 ml) flour
- 1 cup (225 ml) chopped nuts
- Combine raising, sugar and water in a sauce pan and cook for 10 minutes.
- Add the shortening and let cool.
- Add the remaining ingredients.
- Pour into 9 x 13" pan or 3 loaf pans.
- Bake at 300 degrees (150 C.) for 45 minutes.
- Test for doneness with toothpick.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.