Print Friendly Recipe
- 1930 depression cake
- memaw from mary ann
- 1 cup (225 ml) packed brown sugar
- 2 cups (475 ml) raisins
- 2 cups (475 ml) water
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) shortening
- 2 tsp (10 ml) baking soda
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 4 tsp (20 ml) cinnamon
- 1 tsp (5 ml) nutmeg
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cloves
- 3 cups (700 ml) flour
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.) and spray 9 x 13 pan.
- In a saucepan mix brown sugar, raisins, water and shortening. Bring to a boil. Boil 3 minutes.
- Remove raisin mixture from heat and cool.
- In a large bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon, nutmeg, and cloves.
- When raisin mixture is cooled add to dry ingredients and mix well to combine.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 30 to 40 minutes, do not over bake or it will be too dry. Test after 30 minutes.
- Prep time 30 min., cook time 1 hour
Cal. 186 , chol. 0 mg, carb. 30.8g.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.