Print Friendly Recipe
- Martha Purdy
- 1 cup (225 ml) chicken broth
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) Madeira or Port wine
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) thyme leaves
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) coarse grind black pepper
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) garlic powder
- 2 large portobello mushrooms, thinly sliced
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) butter or margarine
- 1-1/2 lbs (.7 kg). beef tenderloin steaks, cut 1-inch thick
- 1/2 medium onion, sliced
- 1 tsp (5 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- Stir broth, wine, thyme, black pepper and garlic powder in a medium bowl until blended.
- Add mushrooms; toss to coat well.
- Cover and set aside.
- Melt butter in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add steaks and cook 4-5 minutes per side or until desired doneness.
- Remove steaks from skillet; place on a plate.
- Cover to keep warm.
- Add onions to skillet; cook, stirring occasionally, 3 minutes or until translucent.
- Add flour and salt; stirring constantly, cook 1 minute. Pour mushroom mixture into skillet stirring occasionally, boil 10-12 minutes or until sauce is thickened and mushrooms are tender.
- Add steaks to sauce; heat 1 minute. Serve immediately.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.