Print Friendly Recipe
- A crockpot recipe
Serves/Makes:8 or more
- My Sauce:
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) vegetable oil
- 1 cup (225 ml) minced onion
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) minced green pepper
- 3 T to 6 tbsp (90 ml) chili sauce (Sriracha)
- Pinch each of kosher salt and black pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) minced garlic
- 1 28 oz (784 grm). can tomato sauce
- 2 cups (475 ml) ketchup (preferably Heinz)
- 1 cup (225 ml) water
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) cider vinegar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) lemon juice
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) molasses
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) Dark Karo Syrup
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) cayenne pepper sauce
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) spicy brown mustard
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) dark brown sugar, packed
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) chili powder
- 2 tsp (10 ml) coarsely ground black pepper
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) ground allspice
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Liquid Smoke (optional)
- Pulled pork:
- 6 lbs (2.7 kg). to 8 lbs (3.6 kg). pork shoulder or butt.
- 1-1/4 cups (300 ml) water
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) cider vinegar
- 2 cups (475 ml) sauce
- Pour the oil into a large saucepan and set over medium-high heat.
- Toss in the onions, green peppers and give them a stir.
- Season with a pinch of salt and pepper and cook until soft and golden.
- Add the garlic and cook for a minute more.
- Dump in everything else except the Liquid Smoke.
- Bring to a boil, then lower the heat so the sauce simmers.
- Simmer for 20 minutes, stirring often.
- Swirl in the Liquid Smoke and let the sauce cool.
- Pour sauce into a container, cover, and store in the fridge till ready to use.
- For pulled pork:
- Carve away most of the fat layer from pork.
- Put the shoulder in a crockpot and add water and cider vinegar(mixed).
- Cook on low setting for 10 hours (overnight).
- Remove meat from crockpot, discarding liquid. and "pull" it off the bones. I use two table forks (works well).
- When the pork is "pulled", return it to the crock pot.
- Add two cups of the sauce you've prepared and mix well.
- Set the crockpot to "warm", and let stand for three or more hours.
- Check crockpot often for a stir or maybe a little more sauce.
- Serve with soft Kaiser rolls (I prepared corn meal pancakes to substitute for the rolls ! )
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.