Print Friendly Recipe
- 12 oz (336 grm). lean ground beef
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) chopped onion
- 1 tsp (5 ml) minced garlic
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) chili powder
- 2 tsp (10 ml) dried oregano leaves
- 1 tsp (5 ml) ground cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) dried mint leaves
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) unsweetened cocoa
- 1 28 oz (784 grm). can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 15 oz (420 grm). can chickpeas, or 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) cooked dry-packaged chickpeas,rinsed, drained (see note)
- 1 15 oz (420 grm). can dark-red kidney beans, or 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) cooked dry-packaged dark-red kidney beans, rinsed, drained (see note)
- 2 tsp (10 ml) honey
- 5 cups (1175 ml) to 6 cups (1425 ml) cooked macaroni, warm
- Optional garnish:
- sliced green onions and tops
- crumbled feta cheese
- sliced Greek olives, as desired
- Saute ground beef, onion and garlic in large saucepan until ground beef is browned, about 5 minutes.
- Add spices, herbs and cocoa and cook 1 to 2 minutes longer.
- Stir in tomatoes, beans and honey; heat to boiling.
- Reduce heat and simmer, covered, 15 minutes
- Uncover and simmer until thickened, about 15 minutes.
- Spoon chili over macaroni in bowls.
- Garnish with green onions, feta cheese and olives, as desired.
- Note: Any canned or dry-packaged bean variety may be substituted for those listed here.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.