Print Friendly Recipe
- 3 lbs (1.4 kg). ground beef
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) shortening
- 2 cups (475 ml) onion, chopped
- 1 cup (225 ml) celery, diced
- 1 green pepper, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) Worcestershire sauce
- 1 cup (225 ml) catsup
- 3 beef bouillon cubes, crushed
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) paprika
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) pepper
- 1 6 oz (168 grm). can tomato paste
- 1-1/4 cups (300 ml) water
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) vinegar
- 3 tsp (15 ml) brown sugar
- 1 tsp (5 ml) dry mustard
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) chili sauce, or to taste
- 1/8 tsp (1 ml) liquid smoke (optional)
- Heat shortening in skillet and brown meat, discard fat.
- Combine all ingredients in crockpot.
- Cover and cook on low 6 to 8 hours; or high 3 to 4 hours.
- Serve over warmed burger buns or noodles.
- Recipe doubles easily or line up the crockpots if yours isn't large enough for multiple quantities.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.