Print Friendly Recipe
- Creamy and loaded with veggies
- Queen Bee
- 2 bunches fresh broccoli (may substitute 2 pkgs. frozen chopped broccoli)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) carrots, shredded
- 1 can chicken broth
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) butter
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) flour
- 2 cups (475 ml) milk
- 1-1/2 lbs (.7 kg). Velveeta Cheese
- 1 tsp (5 ml) Worchestershire Sauce
- 1 tsp (5 ml) minced onion
- 1 tsp (5 ml) garlic salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) white pepper
- Wash and trim broccoli.
- Cut florets very close to end and place directly into the pot.
- Shred about 1/2 cup (125 ml) of tender broccoli stems with the carrots.
- Add shredded veggies to pot.
- Boil together the carrots, all broccoli and chicken broth until vegetables are soft.
- In large pan, prepare a classic white sauce with butter, flour and milk.
- Add broccoli mixture and stir.
- Add Velveeta Cheese gradually, stirring to incorporate.
- When cheese is melted, add remaining ingredients.
- Gently simmer for 20 minutes.
- (Add additional chicken broth for thinner soup!)
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.