Print Friendly Recipe
- Meat filling stuffed into Bell Peppers
- 1-1/2 lbs (.7 kg). lean ground beef
- 6 large bell peppers (any color)
- 1 cup (225 ml) raw long grain rice
- 2 cans condensed tomato soup
- 1 large onion. medium dice
- pepper tops you cut off, diced
- 1 tsp (5 ml). salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml). ground black pepper
- 2 tsp (10 ml). ground cumin
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml). hot pepper flakes
- 2 eggs
- Cut top off peppers and clean out seeds and membranes.
- Mix together remaining ingredients except one can of soup.
- Stuff meat mixture into peppers.
- Choose a pot that you can make the peppers stand up in.
- Arrange peppers in pot.
- Mix remaining can of soup with one can of warm water.
- Pour soup mixture over peppers.
- Cover with tight fitting lid and bring to a gentle boil. Boil gently about 15 minutes and reduce heat to simmer.
- Continue cooking for 1 hour. Peppers should be done but let sit in liquid another half hour with lid on and heat off.
- With large spoon lift peppers out of pot and arrange on dinner plates.
- If you don't eat them all, they freeze well.
- I serve these with a vegetable and some warm Italian bread with butter to slather on it. Yum yum.
With these peppers you have your meat and starch all together.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.