Print Friendly Recipe
- from Parade newspaper insert 5/14/06
- 1 flank steak (about 2 lbs (.9 kg).)
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) chopped chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley (for garnish)
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) soy sauce
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) dry sherry
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) minced fresh ginger
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) finely minced garlic
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) Asian sesame oil
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) peanut oil
- 1 tsp (5 ml) honey
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) rice vinegar
- 2 tsp (10 ml) Asian chili oil
- salt and freshly ground pepper, to taste
- Combine the marinade ingredients in a shallow bowl.
- Add the flank steak and coat well.
- Place flank steak and marinade in a large zip-lock bag and marinade in refrigerator for 8 hours to overnight, turning once or twice.
- Remove from refrigerator 30 minutes before grilling.
- Scrape any garlic or ginger bits off steak (optional).
- Cook over high heat on a well oiled grill, 3 inches from the heat source, for 4 minutes per side for medium-rare meat.
- Remove to a cutting board and let rest before slicing.
- Slice steak thinly on the diagonal and arrange on a platter.
- Sprinkle with chopped parsley and serve.
- Per serving: 370 calories, 1 g carbohydrate, 47 g protien, 18 g fat, 85 mg cholesterol
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.