Print Friendly Recipe
- Christmas cookies
- Bonnie DuBois
- 1 cup (225 ml) butter softened
- 1 cup (225 ml) granulated suger
- 2-1/4 cups (525 ml) all-purpose flour
- 1 egg, separated
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sliced almonds
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) red and/or green tinted suger
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Grease a 13x9 inch baking pan.
- Combine butter and granulated suger in a large bowl.
- Beat with an electric mixer set at low speed until creamy.
- Add flour to butter mixture and mix well.
- Beat in egg yolk and vanilla extract.
- Spread in prepared baking pan.
- Beat egg white in foamy.
- Spread on top of dough with a pastry brush.
- Sprinkle the almonds and tinted suger on top.
- Bake until lightly browned, about 25 minutes.
- Cool in the pan on a wire rack.
- Cut into squares.
- "Oh, how we longed for Christmas to come so Grandma would add the almonds and tinted suger to her shortbread."
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.