Print Friendly Recipe
- Simple dessert using canned cherry pie filling with a cracker crust. Delicioso!
- 6 egg whites
- 3/4 tsp (4 ml) cream of tartar
- 2 cups (475 ml) sugar
- 2 cups (475 ml) crushed saltine crackers (about 45)
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) chopped nuts
- 2 tsp (10 ml) vanilla
- FOR THE TOPPING:
- 2 cups (475 ml) whipped cream or 1 8 oz (224 grm). container Cool Whip
- 1 21 oz (588 grm). can cherry pie filling
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Butter a 13x9-inch glass baking dish well.
- Beat egg whites until frothy.
- Add cream of tartar, then gradually add sugar.
- Beat until stiff.
- Fold in crushed crackers, nuts and vanilla.
- Spread in prepared baking dish.
- Bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 25 minutes.
- Cool on rack.
- Spread whipped cream over top and spoon pie filling over cream.
- Chill several hours or overnight before serving.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.