Print Friendly Recipe
- Debra K
Serves/Makes:6 or more
- 9-1/2 or 10-inch unbaked pastry shell
- 2 Tbs (30 ml). Dijon mustard
- 3 cups (700 ml) grated zucchini
- 8 large mushrooms, sliced
- 2 Tbs (30 ml). butter
- 2 cups (475 ml) grated Monterey Jack cheese
- 1 cup (225 ml) cream cheese (softened)
- cup whipping cream
- 3 egg yolks
- 1 whole egg
- salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees (225 C.).
- Spread bottom of pastry shell with mustard and bake 10 minutes; cool.
- Reduce heat to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Place zucchini in colander, sprinkle with salt and drain about 5 minutes.
- While the zucchini is draining, saute the mushrooms in butter.
- Sprinkle 1 cup (225 ml) of the grated cheese into the bottom of the pastry shell.
- Spoon mushrooms on top.
- Squeeze zucchini to remove the last bit of moisture and put into pastry shell, separating and fluffing with fingers.
- Beat together cream cheese, cream, egg yolks, and whole egg.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Set pastry dish on baking sheet and pour in cream-egg mixture.
- Sprinkle remaining cheese on top.
- Bake 35 minutes or more, until knife comes out clean.
- Let stand 5 minutes before cutting.
- Adapted from The Best of Bon Appetit
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.