Print Friendly Recipe
- 5 lbs (2.3 kg). boneless, skinless chicken breasts (I also use boneless, skinless chicken thighs)
- 5 cloves garlic, peeled and finely pureed
- 1/8 cup (30 ml) oregano
- coarse salt & pepper to taste
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) red wine vinegar
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) olive oil
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) pitted prunes
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) pitted Spanish green olives
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) capers with a bit of juice
- 3 bay leaves
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) brown sugar (may need a little more)
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) white wine
- 1/8 cup (30 ml) Italian parsley, finely chopped
- In large bowl, combine chicken, garlic, oregano, salt, pepper, vinegar, olive oil, prunes, olives, capers and juice and bay leaves.
- Cover and let marinate, refrigerated, overnight.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Arrange chicken in a single layer in 1 or 2 large shallow baking pans and spoon marinade over (olives, prunes, capers, too).
- Sprinkle chicken with brown sugar.
- Pour white wine around chicken.
- Bake 50 minutes to 1 hour, basting frequently with pan juices.
- With slotted spoon, transfer chicken, prunes, olives, capers to a serving platter.
- Moisten with a few spoonfuls of pan juices and sprinkle with parsley.
- Pass remaining juices in a gravy boat.
- From The Silver Palate Cookbook.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.