Print Friendly Recipe
- 2 lbs (.9 kg). flour
- 1 oz (28 grm). yeast
- 8 oz (224 grm). brown sugar
- 8 oz (224 grm). fat
- 6 oz (168 grm). sultanas or raisins
- 6 oz (168 grm). currants
- 4 oz (112 grm). candied peel
- 1 tsp (5 ml) salt
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) mixed spice
- Warm milk.
- Mix yeast with a little sugar and warm milk.
- Rub fat into the flour, add the dry ingredients.
- Make a well in the centre and add yeast.
- Knead into a soft dough.
- Cover and allow to rise to twice its size in a warm place, for 1 1/2 hours.
- Turn on a floured board, put into greased tins and bake in a moderate oven.
- Slice thinly and butter.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.