Print Friendly Recipe
- Tracie M.
Serves/Makes:8 or more
- 2 cups (475 ml) flour
- 2 cups (475 ml) sugar
- 1 cup (225 ml) margarine
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). baking cocoa
- 1 cup (225 ml) Coca-Cola
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup (225 ml) buttermilk
- 1 tsp (5 ml). baking soda
- 2 tsp (10 ml). vanilla
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) margarine
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) Coca-Cola
- 3 tbsp (45 ml). baking cocoa
- heaping 2 cups (475 ml) powdered sugar
- 1 cup (225 ml) chopped nuts (optional)
- Combine flour and sugar.
- Bring margarine, cola, and cocoa to a boil in a saucepan. Pour over flour mixture.
- In a bowl, beat eggs, buttermilk, baking soda and vanilla.
- Combine both mixtures and mix well.
- Line the bottom of two round cake pans with wax paper and spray generously with cooking spray.
- Pour equal amounts of batter into the pans and bake at 350 degrees (175 C.) for 30-35 minutes.
- Do not overcook.
- It's meant to be moist, use the toothpick test to be sure. If it isn't jiggling in the center, it's most likely done.
- Boil margarine, cocoa, and cola.
- Pour over powdered sugar; mix until smooth.
- Adjust the thickness by adding more powdered sugar or more cola. I always add extra powdered sugar. This makes the icing set up like a fudge.
- You can either add the nuts or sprinkle them on top while the icing is still wet.
- Turn one cooled cake onto a serving platter.
- Spread icing evenly over cake.
- Add the second cooled cake layer and spread remaining icing over the top.
- Sprinkle with nuts in desired.
- Devilishly good!
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.