Print Friendly Recipe
- Iced Tea
- Sissy Wommack
- 4 Family Size Tea Bags-any regular Orange Pekoe or Black Tea (i.e. Lipton)
- 1 gallon (3.8 ltr) bottled water
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) white grape juice
- 2 cups (475 ml) sugar(more or less to personal taste)
- 1 envelope Kool Aid Lemonade Mix (or its equivalent)--unsweetened
- Bring to boil approximately 1 quart (950 ml) of the water and then add the 4 family size tea bags, and let it steep for 10 minutes or more. (Note: This makes a VERY strong tea.)
- Remove the tea bags.
- While the tea is still hot, add to it, the sugar, grape juice, and lemonade mix.
- Stir until the sugar has dissolved.
- Put mixture into in a 1 gallon (3.8 ltr) glass (not plastic)container and add the remaining water and stir.
- Chill and pour over ice in a glass and serve, or put in a punch bowl and serve in cups as a luncheon or shower punch.
- Note: The tea seems to get sweeter as it sits, so you may want to let it sit awhile and cool and retaste before adding more sugar.
- This is a favorite here in Western Kentucky. There used to be a Restaurant in Paducah, Kentucky, named "Ninth Street House Restaurant" and they served this. Very refreshing and GOOD.
We served this for Supper, Wedding Showers, Baby Showers, Luncheons, whenever there is food, we serve it.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.