Print Friendly Recipe
- Karen "Sissy" Wommack
Serves/Makes:1 9 X 13" casserole
- Main part of dish:
- 4 to 6 boneless chicken breast
- 1 can cream of chicken soup
- 8 oz (224 grm). sour cream
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) white wine or cooking wine
- 6 to 8 slices swiss cheese
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 cube butter, melted
- 2-1/2 cups (600 ml) stuffing mix (Not cornbread)
- Assembly of the main part of the dish:
- Spray the casserole pan with a nonstick vegetable spray, then lay the chicken breast in the pan. (Note: try not to over lap the chicken breasts.)
- Mix together cream of chicken soup, sour cream, wine and then salt and pepper to taste.
- Pour this over the chicken breasts.
- Lay the swiss cheese over this. (Note: It is o.k. to overlap the cheese)
- Cover the dish and refrigerate for at least 2 hours or overnight.
- When ready to bake, preheat the oven to 325 degrees (175 C.).
- Topping to be put on just before baking:
- Melt butter and mix in stuffing mix until well blended.
- Spoon this on top of the chicken mixture.
- Bake at 325 degrees (175 C.) for 1 hour or until done.
- Got this from a friend that got this from a friend. It is easy and is really good.
You can change things up, like use cream of celery soup or cream of mushroom soup or cream of asparagus soup or whatever kind of cream soup you like and you can use shredded cheddar cheese instead of the swiss cheese, and you can use crushed Ritz crackers or crushed saltine crackers mixed with the butter for the topping instead of the stuffing mix.
Just let your mind wander.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.