Print Friendly Recipe
- Karen "Sissy" Wommack
Serves/Makes:1 9" deep crust pie-8 servings
- 1 cup (225 ml) Karo Dark Corn Syrup
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup (225 ml) of sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). butter, melted
- 1 tsp (5 ml). vanilla extract
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) of pecans
- 1 unbaked 9" deep dish pie crust
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Stir the first 5 ingredients thoroughly, using a spoon.
- Mix in the pecans.
- Pour into pie crust
- Bake on center rack of oven for 55 to 60 minutes.
- Cool for 2 hours.
- Tips: Pie is done when center reaches 200 degrees (90 C.). Tap center surface of pie lightly, it should spring back when done. For easy clean up, spray pie pan with cooking spray. If pie crust is over browning, cover edges with foil.
- High Altitude Adjustments: Reduce sugar to 2/3 cup (150 ml) and increase butter to 3 tbsp (45 ml). Reduce oven to 325 degrees (175 C.).
- Sissy's Note: Sometime I add 1 tbsp (15 ml) of cornmeal to the mixture, this firms it up some.
- Sometimes I add a dash of salt.
- Also, Always cool on a cooling rack, it helps keep the crust from becoming soggy.
- This has been on the back of the Karo Dark Corn Syrup bottle ever since I can remember. It's the best recipe I have ever used. So why mess with it. ha.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.