Print Friendly Recipe
- Sandi L.
- 1 frozen or refrigerated unbaked pie crust
- 4 oz (112 grm). cream cheese, softened
- 3 granny smith apples, cored and cut into thin wedges
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) sugar
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) flour
- 1 tsp (5 ml) cinnamon
- additional cinnamon for topping
- Thaw pie crust according to package directions.
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees (225 C.).
- Place pie crust on parchment paper and use rolling pin to enlarge (and thin crust) by an inch or so in all directions.
- Mix together sugar, flour and cinnamon.
- Toss apple slices in sugar mixture.
- Spread cream cheese in a 6 to 8 inch circle in the center of unbaked crust.
- On cream cheese only, arrange apple slices in concentric circles overlapping slices and circles of slices.
- Fold edges of crust over the edge of apples and cream cheese and pleat or crimp as desired.
- Place parchment paper and tart on baking sheet.
- Sprinkle top with additional cinnamon.
- Bake for approximately 25 minutes until crust is slightly browned.
- You can vary the tart by adding chopped or ground nuts or using other fruits. The cream cheese layer helps keep the apple juices from making the crust soggy.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.