Print Friendly Recipe
- Thann Miglore
- quarts of large fluffy crumbs based on ready-to-eat turkey weight: (adjust quantaties below)
- 5 lbs (2.3 kg) to- 8-1/2 lbs (3.9 kg) 1 1/2 - 2 quarts
- 9 - 12 lbs (5.4 kg) 2 - 3 quarts
- 12 1/2 - 15-1/2 lbs (7 kg) 3 - 4 quarts
- 16 - 21 lbs (9.5 kg) 4 - 5 1/2 quarts
- 21 1/2 - 26 lbs (11.8 kg) 5 1/2 - 6 quarts
- Ingredients per 1 quart (950 ml) bread crumbs:
- 1/3 cup (80 ml) margarine
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) chopped celery
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) chopped parsley
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) chopped onion
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) to 3/4 tsp (4 ml) poultry seasoning
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) to 3/4 tsp (4 ml) salt
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Melt margarine.
- Add celery, parsley, and onion and cook a few minutes.
- Add poultry seasoning and salt, mix in, and pour mixture over crumbs.
- We usually bake stuffing separately, in covered casserole, for about 1 hour.
- White bread crumbs are the usual kind, somewhat dry. Use crusts, wheat bread -- all kinds of bread are good. Try cornbread crumbs. Add corn or chopped walnuts for a variation.
- Thaw frozen turkey in double brown paper bag, at room temperature. This permits slow thawing because the bags provide insulation. The outer layers of the bird do not become dangerously warm while the interior is still frozen. Thawing takes one to three days.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.