Print Friendly Recipe
- An unusual slaw with tangy lemon and parmesan cheese.
- SusanM and Allen
Serves/Makes:2 or more
- 1/2 fennel bulb, trimmed and shaved into thin slices
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) fresh mint leaves, julianned
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) shaved parmesan cheese
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) fresh parsley, stemmed and chopped
- 1/2 lemon, peeled and diced (reserve juices)
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Prep all ingredients.
- Combine fennel, mint parsley and lemon.
- Stir to gether with olive oil and lemon juices left from dicing.
- Toss in shaved parmesan cheese.
- Season to taste.
- An ongoing argument in our family whether the lemon should be peeled before dicing or not. Too much rind for my tastes but not my husband's. Try it both ways and decide for yourself.
This recipe came from a small restaurant in Napa, CA, called Pilar. The chef called us back within 15 minutes of our inquiry and, though we were both on the phone, we have differing versions as to what we heard about the lemon. We were sorry to hear that Pilar has closed permanently--it was a great little restaurant.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.