Print Friendly Recipe
- Great for traditional tacos and taco salads
- Dan Frick
- 1 lb (.5 kg). low fat ground beef
- 1 cup (225 ml) diced fresh onion
- 1 diced jalepeno peppers (or more)
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) flour
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) corn starch
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) dried minced onion
- 1 crushed beef bullion cube
- 1 tsp (5 ml) garlic powder
- 1 tsp (5 ml) ground cumin
- 1 tsp (5 ml) paprika
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) cayenne pepper
- 1 tsp (5 ml) chili powder
- 1/2 tsp (2 ml) salt
- 1 cup (225 ml) water
- 1 15 oz (420 grm). can diced tomatos
- Saute ground beef until lightly browned.
- Drain fat and rinse the cooked beef under hot water, set aside.
- Add onions and peppers to hot pan and fry under low heat until tender.
- Return meat to pan.
- Mix in remaining ingredients except the tomatos.
- Cook and stir on low until seasonings are well incorporated.
- Add entire can of tomatos.
- Simmer until mixture is the desired consistancy.
- Add to taco or tortilla shells and garnish with cheese and shredded lettuce.
- If the filling is divided into 8 tacos, each has approximately 285 calories, not including tortillas or cheese.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.