Print Friendly Recipe
- Sausage and Egg Casserole
- 6 slices of bread buttered
- 4 eggs beaten
- 2 cups (475 ml) milk
- 2 cups (475 ml) grated cheese
- 1 pound pork sausage cooked and crumbled (I used Hot saus.)
- salt and pepper to taste
- Topping (optional):
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) butter
- 2 cups (475 ml) crushed corn flakes
- Butter a 9 x 13 inch baking dish.
- Butter the bread and cut into cubes.
- Spread bread cubes in the buttered pan.
- Cook the sausage and spread over the bread.
- Spread cheese over all.
- Beat the eggs and milk and add a small amount of salt and pepper.
- Pour egg mixture over the bread and sausage mixture.
- Cover dish let sit in refrigerator overnight.
- Preheat over to 350 degrees (175 C.).
- Cook 35 minutes or until eggs are set and it is lightly browned.
- I make this the night before any holiday and it frees me up to prepare the holiday meal.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.