Print Friendly Recipe
- Karen "Sissy" Wommack
Serves/Makes: 5 qt. Crock Pot
- 5 chicken breast, cooked and pulled apart in to hunks
- 1 8" pan of cooked corn bread, crumbled
- 8 slices dry bread, crumbled
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tsp (5 ml). black pepper
- 2 14-1/2 oz (406 grm). cans chicken broth (or equal amount of the broth from where you cooked the chicken)
- 2 tsp (10 ml). sage
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 1 tsp (5 ml). salt
- 2 10-3/4 oz (301 grm). cans Cream of Chicken Soup
- 2 Tbls. butter
- Grease or spray the Crock Pot with a product like PAM.
- Mix well all the ingredients, EXCEPT the butter.
- Pour into the prepared Crock Pot.
- Place butter on top of the mixture.
- Cover, and cook on High for 2 hours or on Low for 3 to 4 hours.
- When done, remove the lid and fluff it with a big spoon or fork.
- Note: This is great with mashed potatoes, cranberry sauce, green beans, sweet potato casserole, rolls. You know just like Thanksgiving, without all the fuss.
- Or just a salad and bread, you choose!
- Note: You can also use 1 can of Cream of Chicken and 1 can of Cream of Celery Soup or 2 can of Cream of Celery Soup, instead of the 2 cans of Cream of Chicken Soup. Your choice.
- My Daughter has never been much of a cook. She has been busy going to school, getting degrees and becoming a Chiropractor. But she is coming along. Now she has always been able to feed herself, but I mean really cook. Now she can really make a great No Bake Chocolate Oatmeal Cookie (that is her specialty). ha. After she Married Randy and 2 kids came with the package, she has done better. But her time is limited, with working and chasing the kids, cooking is limited.
She gave me this recipe, and and dang it is very good. I thought I would share this with ya'll, especially if you like chicken and dressing and don't have the time to do it the Old Fashioned way. Since this is in a Crock Pot, you can cook this while you work or at church and it will be ready when you get home. Just add some side dishes and you are ready.
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.