Print Friendly Recipe
- Hearty vegetable soup
- Sandi L.
Serves/Makes:8 or more
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) olive oil
- 1 onion, diced
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 lb (.5 kg). mild Italian sauage, sliced
- 3 large carrots, diced
- 2 quarts (1900 ml) chicken stock
- 1 tsp (5 ml) dried oregano
- 1 tsp (5 ml) dried basil
- 3 tbsp (45 ml) tomato paste
- 1/4 head cabbage, 1" chop
- 1 can white beans, drained
- 1 small package frozen mixed vegetables
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) small dried pasta, shells or other
- 2 zucchini, large dice
- In a large stock pot saute onion, garlic, carrots, and sausage in olive oil.
- Add chicken stock, oregano and basil, tomato paste, cabbage, white beans, and mixed vegetables.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Add pasta and zucchini and simmer until pasta is tender, about 20 to 25 minutes.
- Basic soup where various veggies can be added or deleted.
Diced chicken can be used instead of sausage, or the meat can be eliminated and vegetable stock substituted for the chicken stock to make it a vegetarian dish.
Sandi, The Sea Ranch, 11/13/11
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.