Print Friendly Recipe
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 1 14-oz. sheet puff pastry, defrosted in the refrigerator overnight
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). extra-virgin olive oil
- 1 leek, white and light green parts, sliced thin
- 10 oz (280 grm). Brussels sprouts, halved
- Ground black pepper
- 2 tbsp (30 ml). balsamic vinegar
- 1 tbsp (15 ml). finely chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 4 oz (112 grm). shredded Gruy re cheese 1 egg, lightly beaten
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper.
- Unfold the puff pastry and place in middle of baking sheet. Prick all over with a fork.
- Cover with plastic and place in freezer.
- Preheat oven to 425 degrees (225 C.).
- Heat olive oil in a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add leek and cook until softened, about 3 minutes.
- Add Brussels sprouts, salt and pepper to taste and cook, stirring occasionally, until they are spotty brown, 5 to 7 minutes.
- Add balsamic vinegar and continue to cook, stirring, until most of the liquid has cooked off (this will take less than 30 seconds).
- Scrape into a bowl, stir in thyme and set aside to cool.
- Remove puff pastry from freezer, and spread cooled Brussel sprouts mixture over it, leaving a 1-inch border all around.
- Sprinkle the cheese over the Brussels sprouts.
- Brush edge of dough with egg.
- Bake until the pastry is golden and cheese is browned and bubbling, about 20 minutes.
- Cool slightly and serve warm or let come to room temperature before serving.
- Reprinted from the Sacramento Bee newspaper 12/11
Nutrition information per serving:
Calories 530 Fat 37 g Sodium 255 mg,
Carbohydrates 37 g, Saturated fat 10 g, Calcium 230 mg,
Protein 13 g, Cholesterol 44 mg, Dietary fiber 3 g
Diabetic exchanges per serving: 1 vegetable, 2 bread/starch, 1 high-fat meat, 6 fat.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2018 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.