Print Friendly Recipe
- A savory/sour chicken dish
Serves/Makes:4 or more
- 4 or more boneless, skinless chicken breasts
- 1/4 cup (60 ml) soy sauce
- 1 13-1/2 oz (378 grm). can light coconut milk
- 3/4 cup (175 ml) cider vinegar
- 8 gloves garlic (or more), peeled and minced
- 4 bay leaves
- 2 tsp (10 ml) pepper
- 2 green onions, sliced thin
- Serving suggestion:
- cooked rice
- Pound chicken breasts with a kitchen mallet until about 1/2" thick. Cut into serving sized pieces.
- In a medium sized bowl, marinate chicken in soy sauce for 1/2 to 1 hour.
- Prepare a 12" nonstick skillet with a small amount of oil or vegetable spray, as desired.
- Heat skillet over medium-high heat.
- Quickly remove chicken from bowl, saving marinade, and place chicken in heated skillet.
- Cook, turning occasionally, until chicken has browned.
- While chicken is cooking whisk coconut milk, vinegar, garlic, bay leaves, and pepper into the soy sauce.
- Add mixture to chicken in pan and bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat to low and simmer, uncovered for about 20 minutes turning chicken occasionally to keep it moist.
- Transfer chicken to a platter and cover.
- Remove bayleaves from skillet and cook sauce at medium-high heat until thickened, about 5-7 minutes.
- Return chicken to the pan to warm.
- Serve chicken over cooked rice topped with extra sauce and sliced green onions.
- Adapted from a recipe in Cooks Illustrated, March-April 2012.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.