Print Friendly Recipe
- Sandi Lockhart
- 1 cup (225 ml) sugar
- 1 cup (225 ml) flour
- 1 cup (225 ml) persimmon pulp from very ripe Hachiya type fruit
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) milk
- 1 egg
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) melted butter
- 1 tsp (5 ml) baking powder
- 2 tsp (10 ml) soda
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) salt
- 1/4 tsp (1 ml) cinnamon
- Lemon Sauce:
- 1 Tbsp (15 ml) cornstarch
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) sugar
- dash of salt
- 1 cup (225 ml) of water grated zest from 1 lemon
- 2 Tbsp (30 ml) lemon juice
- Sift together flour, salt, soda, cinnamon, baking powder.
- Beat egg.
- To egg add sugar, pulp, butter and milk.
- Add flour mixture and stir until smooth.
- Turn into greased medium pyrex (heat-proof) bowl or greased and floured pudding tin.
- Seal firmly with foil or lid.
- Steam on a rack in a large kettle for 2 hours, replacing steaming water as necessary.
- Cool and turn out onto serving plate.
- Lemon Sauce:
- Combine sugar, cornstarch and salt.
- Add water and boil 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Turn off heat and add lemon zest and juice.
- Serve sauce warm over over room temperature pudding.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.