Print Friendly Recipe
- Mary Pat
Serves/Makes:8 or more
- Cooking Spray
- 1 cup (225 ml) finely ground chocolate wafer cookies
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) unsalted butter, melted
- 4 oz (112 grm). semisweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 4 8 oz (224 grm). packages cream cheese at room temp(not non-fat)
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 tsp (5 ml) vanilla extract
- 4 large eggs at room temperature
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) smooth peanut butter
- Chocolate Glaze:
- 4 oz (112 grm). bittersweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 3 table spoons unsalted butter, chopped finely
- 1 tbsp (15 ml) milk
- 2 tsp (10 ml) light corn syrup
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees (175 C.).
- Wrap bottom and sides of a 9 inch springform pan with a double layer of foil.
- Coat bottom of pan with cooking spray and line with parchment paper cut to fit. Spray parchment with cooking spray.
- Stir together cookie crumbs, butter and sugar and press mixture firmly into bottom of pan.
- Bake until firm, about 10 minutes.
- Cool completely in pan on a wire rack.
- Melt chocolate in a double boiler or bowl set over a saucepan of simmering water. Let cool.
- Beat cream cheese with a mixer at medium speed until fluffy, about 3 minutes.
- Reduce speed to low and beat in sugar, salt, and vanilla until combined and completely smooth.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until combined--do not overbeat.
- Divide cream cheese mixture in half.
- Stir peanut butter into one half and chocolate mixture into the other half.
- Ladle 2 cups (475 ml) peanut butter filling into center of crust. Tap pan gently on the counter to settle.
- Ladle 1 cup (225 ml) chocolate filling directly on top of peanut butter filling.
- Repeat ladling and settling process and then switch to 1/2 cup (125 ml) filling increments. Alternate until all filling is used.
- Bring a kettle of water to boil. Set cake pan in a large roasting pan and transfer to oven.
- Carefully pour boiling water into roasting pan to reach halfway up sides of cake pan.
- Bake until cake is set but still slightly wobbly in center--about 1 hour and 20 minutes.
- Let cool completely in pan on wire rack.
- Refrigerate cake in pan until cold, at least 6 hours and up to overnight.
- Before unmolding cake run a knife around the inside rim of pan to loosen.
- Melt chocolate and butter in a double boiler or bowl set over a sauce pan of simmering water, stirring until smooth.
- Remove from heat and stir in milk and corn syrup.
- Use immediately pouring glaze over top of cake, smoothing with a spatula and letting it drip down the sides.
Copyright ©1997-2019 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.