Print Friendly Recipe
- Sandi L.
- 2 tbsp (30 ml) olive oil
- 1 medium onion, diced
- 4 cloves garlic, finely diced
- 1 12 oz (336 grm). package Andouille sausage, sliced into 1/4 inch rounds
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into 1 inch dice
- 1-1/2 cups (350 ml) long grain white rice
- 3 cups (700 ml) low sodium chicken stock
- 1 tsp (5 ml) saffron
- 1 14 oz (392 grm). can diced tomatoes, with their liquid
- 1 can artichoke hearts in water, drained
- 1 red bell pepper, diced or sliced
- 1 lb (.5 kg). shrimp, peeled and deveined
- 2 dozen fresh clams
- 2 dozen fresh mussels
- 1/2 cup (125 ml) frozen peas
- Add saffron to stock and set aside.
- In a very large ovenproof skillet or paella pan, saut garlic and onion in oil until translucent.
- Add chicken and sausage to brown.
- Add rice and brown slightly.
- Add stock with saffron, drained artichoke hearts, tomatoes, bell pepper, and salt and pepper to taste.
- Bring to a simmer.
- Carefully put into a 325 degree (175 C.) oven for 30 to 45 minutes. check after 30 minutes for rice to be done adding additional stock as necessary.
- When rice is tender, press seafood into top of paella making sure mollusks are hinge side down.
- Sprinkle with peas.
- Return to oven for 15 minutes or until shells open and shrimp are pink.
- Discard any shellfish that don't open.
- Serve with a nice green salad, crunchy French bread, and a nice Spanish varietal wine.
- Add or subtract ingredients to your preference. Liquid and rice are about the only things that are critical.
Copyright ©1997-2021 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.