Print Friendly Recipe
- An easy party dish from the pantry
Serves/Makes:2 pints or more
- 1 15 oz (420 grm). can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 11 oz (308 grm). can corn, drained (I use Niblets or Steam Crisp)
- 1 16 oz (448 grm). jar or deli-container chunky salsa or pico de gallo
- 1 4 oz (112 grm). can diced Ortega chilies, drained
- 1 4 oz (112 grm). can diced Jalapeno chilies, drained
- 8 oz (224 grm). garlic-roasted salsa (pureed-looking type)
- Serving Suggestion:
- tortilla chips
- Drain and rinse black beans.
- Drain corn and chilies.
- Combine all ingredients.
- Chill to blend flavors.
- Serve with tortilla chips.
- This is the as-made base recipe and anything can be changed to suit.
If you prefer salsa that is not as spicy use double the Ortega chilies and eliminate the Jalapenos.
If you like it more spicy you can use medium to hot salsa in the mix.
You can also alter the recipe by using fresh chopped chilies,if you have them, or fresh minced garlic (roasted or not).
Another good add is a handful of fresh chopped cilantro.
|Email This To A Friend
Copyright ©1997-2017 by Synergetic Data Systems Inc. All rights
SDSI neither endorses nor warrants any products advertised herein. All
recipe content provided to SDSI is assumed to be original unless identified
as otherwise by the submitter.
SDSI provides all content herein AS IS, without warranty. SDSI is
not responsible for errors or omissions, nor for consequences of improper
preparation, user allergies, or any other consequence of food preparation
Send comments to
our email. For
more information, check our About
the Cookbook page.